Re: AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web

To:     Ross Stapleton-Gray <director@embassy.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: Customer Acquisition via the Web
From:     Gary LaFever <glafever@womenconnect.com>
Date:     Wed, 20 May 1998 12:06:44 -0400
CC:     ad-marketing@netpreneur.org

Ross, we took sample "ad buys" in September of 1997 (that included the NPR
sponsorship, buying relevant keywords on Lycos and taking ads out in select
women's web sites and magazines) and found that only 11% of our traffic growth
came as a result of those ads.  We have not taken "ads" since.  As I've
mentioned to a number of people via private emails on this list, we considered
the NPR sponsorship a success from a branding perspective (and would consider
doing it again for that purpose) but did not see significant traffic as a
result of the buy - it all depends on what your goals are.

--
Gary LaFever, Sr. VP
Womenconnect.com