AM: current issue of Internet World, I need your help (again)-

To:     "'Ad-marketing'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: current issue of Internet World, I need your help (again)-
From:     Mitch Arnowitz <marnowitz@morino.org>
Date:     Tue, 26 May 1998 10:36:08 -0400

Folks-

Two quick items:

1. the current issue (May 18) of Internet World has a
couple of articles you might want to check out:

* 'Ad Executives Still See Missing Pieces on Web'-
leading online executives discuss, in a recent roundtable,
the current state of buying & selling ads online. The article:

http://www.internetworld.com/print/current/ecomm/19980518-missing.html

* 'Small-Biz Incubator Responds To People First,
Then Business Plans'- local Netpreneur Tony Carter
and the International Business Group (IBG) incubator
are profiled. The article:

http://www.internetworld.com/print/current/industry/19980518-biz.html

2. The next Netpreneur Program's Coffee & DoughNet
session, will be held in Baltimore on June 11.
http://netpreneur.org/inbaltimore

I have heard that Baltimore's new media/ad agency
community is active. I would like to get some of these
folks out to this meeting. If you know of Balto. ad
agency folks (with a net-centric focus), I would appreciate
a contact.

I will then pass along an email to them on this event. Or...
feel free to pass the enclosed email along to your Balto.
agency contacts.

I would also like to get some of these folks involved
in our Ad-marketing group. They would be a nice
addition, to date I haven't engaged enough agency
folks. Feel free to mention our group to your agency
friends in Balto. or Washington:
http://netpreneur.org/connect/am

Thanks again for the help!

Mitch Arnowitz mailto:marnowitz@morino.org

JUNE 11 COFFEE & DOUGHNETS BALTIMORE MEETING

date:   	Thursday, June 11, 1998
place:	Glass Pavillion (Office of Student Activities)
	34th & Charles Streets
	Baltimore, Maryland

time: 	6:00 p.m. Registration and Reception
	7:00 p.m. Program

cost:	There is no cost to attend

To Register:

                           http://netpreneur.org/inbaltimore

The Netpreneur Program  and The Johns
Hopkins University invite you to an evening session of Coffee &
DoughNets.  These informal networking and information sessions
give netpreneurs, and individuals who are thinking of becoming
netpreneurs, the chance to exchange ideas, experiences and
knowledge.

Mario Morino, Chairman of the Morino Institute, will talk about
what possesses individuals to strike out in bold new directions
to become netpreneurs -- the vanguard of the new "networked
society" -- how this phenomenon is growing in our region, and
ways the Netpreneur Program is making a difference.  Then,
he'll open it up to questions and answers from the audience.
The interchange is typically lively, sometimes controversial,
and always informative.  Bring your ideas and thoughts and be
ready to communicate, listen and have fun.

Netpreneur Program newcomers may wonder -- What is a
netpreneur?   It's an entrepreneur who creates products and
services that are for or delivered over digital networks.  The
Netpreneur Program advances these digital age entrepreneurs
and the businesses they create.  Coffee & DoughNets sessions
provide opportunities for netpreneurs and their stakeholders,
including investors, strategic partners and others, a place to
connect, partner and help one another grow and succeed.

Our host, The Johns Hopkins University, brings a strong
entrepreneurial perspective to the mix. Over the past six years,
the medical school's technology  has formed the basis of 12
biomedical start-up companies, nine in Maryland. In addition,
the medical institutions have helped form a variety of cutting-edge
information technology companies, including InteliHealth,  a $25
million joint venture with Aetna U.S. Healthcare in the field of
multimedia consumer health information. Johns Hopkins is also
a service provider for and part owner of WorldCare, a global
telemedicine company.

A host of distance learning ventures are underway, including a
joint initiative among Johns Hopkins and Caliber Learning
Systems to deliver the Johns Hopkins "Business of Medicine"
course to doctors through a network of high-tech classrooms
linked nationwide by interactive video and computer technology.

We look forward to seeing you on June 11!