AM: RE: Website? web site? Web-site? website?

To:     "'ad-market@netpreneur.org'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: RE: Website? web site? Web-site? website?
From:     Neil Oatley <noatley@morino.org>
Date:     Wed, 27 May 1998 10:23:38 -0400

I can't find too much consistency, myself. Everyone seems to have their own
in-house styles for this and other Net-related terms (e-mail/email,
online/on-line, url/URL, etc.). Our house style is "Web site," largely for
two reasons:

1. since everyone capitalizes World Wide Web, it seems to make sense that
Web alone be capitalized.
2. "Website" is an O'Reilly trademark name for one of their products. I'm
not sure how popular or prominent that product is these days.