Re: AM: Website? web site? Web-site? website?

To:     peterjh@ima-focus.com
Subject:     Re: AM: Website? web site? Web-site? website?
From:     Jim Harmon <jharmon@telecnnct.com>
Date:     Wed, 27 May 1998 10:08:54 -0400
CC:     ad-market@netpreneur.org

Peter J. Hyszczak wrote:

> This may seem like a small thing, but in my recent quest to bring
> consistency to a site I am developing I realized that I have seen
> Website(?) in every one of the above spellings - often on the same
> sites.  I'd apprciate some professional guidance from the group.
> What's the official word for a Web site?

Personally, I believe the choice is yours.

Historically, the "original/official" reference to a WWW site was "HTML
Server".

But that's exceedingly outdated with the proliferation of services that
are "Web Accessible".  (CGI, JAVA, graphics, VMRL, HTML, etc.)

I too have seen all the permutations of "Website", and have no problem
with any of them.  My choice is to use the single-word version.
--
   Jim Harmon                           The Telephone Connection
jim@telecnnct.com                          Rockville, Maryland