AM: TrainingPlace Challenge

To:     Advertising/Marketing Discussion Group <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: TrainingPlace Challenge
From:     Jeff MacConnell <jeffm@crosslink.net>
Date:     Wed, 27 May 1998 15:27:40 -0400

Russ;

I'll be interested to follow the thread re: the TrainingPlace
challenge.  Reaching a narrow market slice of Web users is a challenge I
will have also, when I get beyond the development stage.  When the time
is right, I'll need to know how to reach those who are contemplating
retirement, a group which includes "Boomers" and quite a segment of
prewar Babies, as well. This is an age group that is largely "pre-PC',
and not very "net savvy".

About your challenge, I'd suggest he pick some brains in the industry
he's aiming at; the tech managers, their corporate trainers,
headhunters, Human Resources folks, and all the reading matter these
groups would subscribe to or refer to.  I'm no expert on these issues,
but I'd even check out the field-specific professional "job fairs", and
perhaps join with a similarly targeted vendor to share space, or even ad
space in relevant publications.  One of the best sources of industry
contacts is ... industry contacts.  Like looking for work anywhere, it's
easier and perhaps more efficient to "interview for information" rather
"ask for a job".

-Jeff MacConnell
IDeal Destinations, Inc.