Re: AM: *Marketing Challenge* #4

To:     "'Ad-marketing'" <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     Re: AM: *Marketing Challenge* #4
From:     Russ Williams <russwill@tmn.com>
Date:     Fri, 29 May 1998 09:43:00 -0400

Netcom wrote:

> Russ,
>
> 3) I also support earlier recommendations that you "ally" with sites
> that bring relevant traffic in exchange for access to some content that
> you might have.  This model is working all over the place.

Hello Ad-Market,

Thanks for the responses to date.  I agree that traditional channels are
important - they are in fact where the bulk of our effort lay.  As a secondary
channel, and given that our products are Web based, we would like to do some
partnering with certain sites that may bring the right traffic to us.  As a
small company with little brand equity - this may be hard to do with some of
the larger sites - however we believe this can be overcome.

Regarding the point above, which I have seen mentioned here on Ad-market
before...does anyone have an example of the content they are exchanging for
relevant traffic or an example to view which demonstrates this concept in
action?

Best,

Russ Williams
The Training Place