Re: AM: *Marketing Challenge* #4

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     Re: AM: *Marketing Challenge* #4
From:     Josh Chernila <jchernila@smartsubmit.com>
Date:     Fri, 29 May 1998 11:04:18 -0400

Hey Russ,

I have an example of a subscription version of this model.

I've been doing some work for Kesmai Corporation here in Charlottesville VA.
Kesmai is a Multi-player gaming company.  They run GameStorm, a subscription
online gaming aggregation hub, which showcases their own games (airwarrior,
aliens-online, and on and on) and others such as WarCraft, Quake, and the Heat.net
games.

GameStorm has deals in place with a number of high-traffic online partners to
guide users to GameStorm in exchange for a portion of subscription fees.  It's
really a very slick model:  GameStorm gets subscribers, Partners get acquistion
fees.

The following is one of a number of acquisition sites gamestorm has in place, each
can be co-branded such that users registering through a co-branded page credit the
partner organization.

http://www.godzillaonline.com/home.cgi/FOXWORLD

In this case, anyone registering for GameStorm by way of this page will credit
FOXWORLD with an acquisition  - they get fees and a bounty.

The same process works for all of their acquisition pages:
http://www.troopersonline.com/home.cgi/FOXWORLD
www.aliensonline.com/home.cgi/FOXWORLD
www.jacknickonlinetour.com/home.cgi/FOXWORLD
www.airwarrior.com/home.cgi/FOXWORLD