AM: Marketing Challenge # 4

To:     ad-market@netpreneur.org
Subject:     AM: Marketing Challenge # 4
From:     lauraww <lauraww@ibm.net>
Date:     Fri, 29 May 1998 11:10:06 -0400

Russ and others,

I have experience with the kind of partnering you mentioned.

In my previous job at the Benton Foundation, I launched a partnership
marketing program that was highly successful and that essentially traded
our content for traffic.  Even though the site (www.KidsCampaigns.org)
was a nonprofit site sponsored by a foundation that was not very well
known, I found a lot of takers for this type of deal.  We found out our
content was very valuable to Parent Soup, Moms Online and other larger,
commercial sites that were essentially hosting multiple chats on
kids/parenting issues, but who were content poor.

I was actually quite surprised at the ease with which I was able to
negotiate these deals and others.

Hope this helps,

Laura Weiss
Strategistics Group