AM: Statistics

To:     ad-market
Subject:     AM: Statistics
From:     raj@kci.kciLink.com
Date:     Tue, 2 Jun 1998 17:25:12 -0400

> Everybody, thank you for your responses. You gave me plenty of material
> to go over.  Does anybody have experience with site sponsoring as
> opposed to banner ads?

Yes, we just started sponsorships on our Business Resource Center
http://www.morebusiness.com (first one is slated to go live on Monday).
We run banner ads throughout our site but one of our advertisers called
and asked to sponsor the whole site. We had already committed other ads
during that time frame and I wanted to be careful about having one company
sponsor the whole site (that's great for cash flow but if they don't get
the response they want and we've turned away other advertisers, we'd be in
bad shape the next month).

So, we modified our page to accomodate a smaller "sponsorship banner"
which will be fixed at the top of the sponsored pages. This way, we've
actually added inventory rather than take away from it to add
sponsorships.

Raj Khera                           FREE Commerce Business Daily, FAR, etc.
Khera Communications, Inc.          http://www.govcon.com
raj@kciLink.com
(301) 548-4363 (direct)             FREE Help for Small Businesses
(301) 258-8292 (main) x4363         http://www.MoreBusiness.com