AM: Community Give Rise to Commerce

To:     <ad-market@netpreneur.org>
Subject:     AM: Community Give Rise to Commerce
From:     "George Atkinson" <gatkinson@tradecompass.com>
Date:     Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:34:44 -0400

The "Evening With the Stars of E-Commerce" meeting last night was superb.  To follow up on the insightful discussion with Mark Walsh (VerticalNet) about the importance of "community", I want to point you to the May 11 Inter@ctive Week article "Community Gives Rise to Commerce."  You can access the article at http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/print/980511/315688.html.

Kevin Jones, the writer of the article points out that the thesis of Net.Gain, the best seller last year, was that virtual communities will lead to new and expanded markets.  Tightly focused communities like VerticalNet and the two sites mentioned in the article illustrate the promise of e-commerce as seen in Net.Gain.

George Atkinson
Vice President, Business Development
Trade Compass
1510 H. Street, NW, Suite 500