Q: Which are the best resources for Internet advertising trends and information?
Some of the recent trends in online advertising include paying only for
"click-throughs" versus impressions, and better tracking tools for advertisers.
To find out more on these trends and others, there are many recommended resources for
information on Internet advertising:
- Internet Advertising Bureau, http://www.iab.net/
- NUA Internet Surveys, http://www.nua.com, offers
information on everything from Web advertising growth, demographics, population,
e-commerce stats, and more to integrate into your research.
- ClickZ, http://www.clickz.com has links to a
comprehensive list of ad networks, interactive agencies, and rep firms.
- @NY, http://www.news-ny.com/
- Advertising Age, http://www.adage.com/
- Adweek Online, http://www.adweek.com/
- Internet Advertising Practices, http://marketing.tenagra.com/net-acceptable.html
- DMA -- Direct Marketing Association, http://www.the-dma.org/,
- Newspaper Association of American, http://www.naa.org/
- CyberAtlas Advertising Page, http://www.cyberatlas.com/segments/advertising/index.html
- Internet Advertising Resource Guide- Research Page, http://www.admedia.org/internet/research.html
- Net Profit Magazine- Online Advertising Studies, http://www.netprofit-mag.com/static/is_oa.htm
- Channel Seven, http://www.channelseven.com/index.html
- WebWeek - http://www.webweek.com - has many
articles on online advertising. They follow trends on Cost Per Thousand Impression (CPM),
ad delivery vehicles, and success stories.
There are also some email newsletters and discussion groups for more information:
[Michael Bruce, firstname.lastname@example.org; Thomas White,
email@example.com; Mark Milligan, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mitch Arnowitz,